Wednesday 12 February 2014

Evaluation Part 1


EVALUATION PART 1

To compose my movie poster; Adobe Photoshop was the most useful. It helped me to construct a comprehensive movie poster & also was useful because I’ve never used Photoshop properly.

Firstly, I opened Adobe Photoshop to start designing my poster. The background was where I wanted to make a start so I had to search for a suitable one for my movie genre. I had to download the image from “Google Images”& open the downloaded file on Photoshop. The image appeared small on Photoshop so I had to enlarge it to cover up the page (to make it a background). On the top left-hand side is where I clicked on “Edit” to go to “Transform” then I clicked on “Scale”. Guidelines appeared around the image so I dragged it to fill up the page.

Next, I thought about the text: the actor’s names; the logo; the credits & the tag-line. On the far left, there was a wide selection of tools to choose from but I needed to pick the right one. The “Horizontal Type Tool” was convenient for what I wanted to do. I focused on the actors name first so I clicked on “Horizontal Type Tool” and made a rectangle shaped outline on the top of my page to type the actor’s names. I had to think carefully: about the actors names; which one to put in the middle; the size of the text; the amount of actors to put in my film poster & name of the actors.

After that I focused more on the logo & the credits. I opened the text tool again to make my logo; I used “Rosewood Std” for my font because it was unique.
For the credits I needed help so used a template from Google images. I had to edit it to make it blend in with the background of my film poster so I used “Magic Eraser Tool” (which was on the left-hand side). I had to erase in-between & inside the letters; which was time consuming but it was worth it. I also had to think about the company logos, the release date & the age rating certificate as well, so I copied them from “Google Images” & pasted them on to the bottom of my film poster.

My movie idea was inspired by the remarkable tragedy “Romeo & Juliet” & so was my film poster. So I used a few images from the modern version of the film to enhance my film poster. I had to download the poster from “Google Images” and erase the parts I didn’t want to get the parts I needed. I had to zoom in the page to make sure I’ve done a clean job.  Then, I copied the finished job onto my film poster & enlarged it using “Scale” to fit the page.

For my original image I had to get a side-profile of my face (which was simple because I already had one taken of me on Facebook). I also had to get a side-profile of a female standing opposite me. I couldn’t get an original photo done so I copied one from Google Images.  I went on “Image” then “Adjustments” to edit the colour of the images. I made the images grey because in colour, it was hard to get both of them to look the same.                             
Finally, I had to think about the size of the images carefully, the positioning of the images & the colours. Then, I went on “File” on the top left-hand side then clicked on “Save As” I had to save it as a JPEG file to complete it.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Jordan, this is a clear and detailed discussion of the process you went through to make your poster in Photoshop. Working towards Distinction.

    ReplyDelete